Exploring our Foods
|Class Time:||Summer: T Th 4-7pm|
|Office Hours:||By Appointment|
|Virtual Office:||Office on Mon, Thur|
|Facebook Gp:||UBC FNH 200 Judy's|
|Course Syllabus:||FNH 200 942 Course Syllabus 2017S|
|Past Projects:||Team Projects 2011-16.|
|2017 Summer (July - Aug)|
|2015 Winter (2016 Jan to April)|
|2014 Winter (2015 Jan to April)|
|2013 Winter (2014 Jan to April)|
|2012 Winter (2013 Jan to April)|
|2011 Winter (2012 Jan to April)|
|2010 Winter (2011 Jan to April)|
Team Projects 2012 Winter Session.
Team Project Topics
Wiki projects are finally completed!
|Team #||Tentative Project Topic|
|Team 03||Sourdough Bread|
|Team 04||Chicken Processing|
|Team 06||Red Wine Making Kits Vs. Commercial Red Wine Processing|
|Team 07||Chocolate Tempering|
|Team 08||Sourdough Bread|
|Team 09||Whiskey Processing|
|Team 10||Processing of Cold Cut Meats|
|Team 11||Processing of Cream Cheese|
|Team 12||Whipped Cream|
|Team 13||Strawberry Processing|
|Team 14||Ice Cream|
|Team 15||Cheese Safety|
|Team 16||Maple Syrup|
|Team 17||Food Coloring Regulations|
|Team 18||Green Tea Production|
|Team 19||Stout Beer|
|Team 20||Extraction of vanilla (alcoholic and non alcoholic)|
|Team 23||Coffee Processing|
|Team 24||Alternative Milk Production|
Details of the team project and team members are available on the FNH 200 102 2011w course vista site.
Topic Selection Suggestions
- Choose something most members like
- Do a preliminary exploration on the topics before you commit to it
- Depth is better then breath; focus on an aspect of a particular topic rather than 'everything' on a topic
- Processing or making topics can easily become very shallow, as a recipe/cookbook with step 1, step 2, step 3 type procedures. Teams wanting to work on processing should remember to include some scientific explorations in your project
Using Images on Wiki
Images: Please be aware of the copyright status of materials you are going to post on the internet. Here are a few places where you can find public domain, Creative Commons free to use, Creative Commons free to reuse-type of images:
Wikimedia Commons. Please check licensing status of each image you are going to use.
Flickr Advanced Search. Remember to click the 'bullet' where filter the search to limit content with Creative Commons-licensed content.
Google Advanced Image Search. Again, click the 'bullet' to limit your search to only images labeled for reuse.
Adding images to your wiki project:
- Find the image you like
- Make sure you have the proper license before you use it
- Embed the image on your wiki page
- If needed to, upload the image to UBC Wiki
- Name your images with the following file name structure: FNH200_Project_ABC.jpg
- Make sure you put the original source of the image
- Make sure you have the proper license (eg Creative Commons) to use the image
- Link the image to your wiki page
Sample projects from 2010w. Please be reminded that projects were presented in poster format last year. This year, we are going digital and posting the projects on UBC wiki.