- 1 Support
- 2 General Help
- 3 All Help Articles
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Self-Guided Tutorials
- 6 Examples
- 7 MediaWiki Documentation
Having problems with this wiki? Please send support emails to: email@example.com
We host regular support clinics for people using the UBC Wiki. Clinics are currently held every Thursday from 1pm to 3pm at the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology in the Irving K Barber Learning Centre. Please register for the clinics here.
Search to see whether someone has already written a similar page before you start one yourself. Click on Create a New Page under navigation on left sidebar and use the form for the proper namespace of your new page. If you search for a page that doesn't exist (using the search box and “Go” button on the left of the page) then you will be provided with a link to create the new page. Please note that you might have to sign in with your CWL before you can see the link. See the starting a new page article for other tips and methods.
Check out the editing, formatting, and linking pages for information and help on how to edit and format your UBC Wiki content. Please note that you might have to sign in with your CWL before you can edit the UBC Wiki.
The UBC wiki is organized into different spaces to accommodate different needs:
- The root of the wiki is open space reserved for articles relating to UBC.
- Course-based content or activities should be added to the Course space.
- The Sandbox is your place to test, play, and work with the UBC Wiki.
- Finally, there is a Documentation space, for documentation, support and other similar content.
To add a page to Course or Documentation spaces, prefix the page name with the space name and a colon (either "Course:" or "Documentation:"), for example wiki.ubc.ca/Course:ABCD123. See Help:Namespaces for more information on how the UBC Wiki is organized.
- Difference between Visual Editor and Wikitext
- How to use Wiki Editor (Visual Editor)
- Footnote and references
Adding and Embedding Media
- Adding Images and Pictures
- Embedding Presentation Slides
- Embedding a YouTube Video
- Embedding other media
- Adding Maps
Organizing Wiki page
- Adding Categories
- Page History
- Monitor your page using Watchlist
- Renaming a Page
- Upload a new version of a file
- Dynamic Page List (DPL)
- Adding Statistics to your page
- How to delete a page
- Adding a Creative Commons License to your wiki page.
Integration with other platforms
Wiki Teaching and Learning Resources
The Frequently Asked Questions page highlights common questions and provides tips and answers.
Sometimes, the best way to learn the wiki is from learning from other wiki pages. You can take a look at the example below:
Much of the content of the UBC Wiki help pages came from the public domain user guide to MediaWiki.