Documentation:Open Case Studies/Resources/General
General Case Study Resources
These general resources on writing case studies may be helpful to your process.
Case Studies in Higher Education
- Defining, Creating and Using Case Studies - Carnegie-Mellon University (Eberly Centre).
- Using Case Studies to Teach - Boston University
- Teaching With Case Studies - Stanford University
Writing Case Studies
- Writing Case Studies: Carnegie Mellon University.
- Case Writing Guide for Students - World Association for Case Method Research and Application (WACRA). Although written for students who are researching and preparing cases at a high level of detail - it contains useful information about types of cases and their purposes, ethical concerns and the 4 basic components of a case.
- Cases That Sing - WACRA - short piece highlighting the 4 ingredients for engaging cases.
- A Biased Opinion About Bias and Opinion - WACRA. A short piece describing how bias creeps into case writing and how to avoid it.
Student Guide to Writing Case Studies
- Ethics Case Writing Guidelines - Illinois Institute of Technology
Reviewing Case Studies
- Elements of the Review Ready Case - World Association for Case Method Research and Application
|7 Things About Wikis||Basic Formatting||Adding Images
|Adding a Sandbox Page||Open Licenses|
- here is the mark up for a box that you can use to draw attention to questions that you want students to grapple with.