|This article is a stub. You can help the UBC Community by expanding it.|
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal.|
What is it?
When to use it?
Riffs and Variations
- Barton, J. (1995). Conducting effective classroom discussions. Journal of Reading, 38(5), 346-50. Permalink
- Doak, E. D. (1969). Toward a strategy for classroom discussion J Secondary Educ. Permalink
- Fry, J. P., & Michigan State Univ, East Lansing Learning and,Evaluation Service. (1978). Classroom discussion skills. papers on learning and teaching #30. Permalink
- Gall, M. D., & Gall, J. P. (1993). Teacher and student roles in different types of classroom discussions. Permalink
- Green, T. D. (2000). Responding and sharing: Techniques for energizing classroom discussions. Clearing House, 73(6), 331-34. Permalink
- Jeris, L. (2002). Comparison of power relations within electronic and face-to-face classroom discussions: A case study. Australian Journal of Adult Learning, 42(3), 300-11. Permalink
- Muller, H. L. (2000). Facilitating classroom discussion: Lessons from student-led discussions. Permalink
- Perry, C. M. (1974). Group interaction analysis for improvement of classroom discussion. Permalink
- Scott, H. V. (1974). Conducting classroom discussions: Some useful competencies Kappa Delta Pi Record. Permalink
- Snider, A. C. (1984). Ethics in academic debate: A gaming perspective. National Forensic Journal, 2(2), 119-34. Permalink
- Soranno, P. A. (2010). Improving student discussions in graduate and undergraduate courses: Transforming the discussion leader. Journal of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Education, 39, 84-91. Permalink
- Tessier, J. T. (2009). Classroom debate format: Effect on student learning and revelations about student tendencies. College Teaching, 57(3), 144-152. Permalink
- Worsley, A. F. (1975). Improving classroom discussions: Ten principles Improving College and University Teaching. Permalink
- Worthen, T. K., & Pack, G. N. (1992). Classroom debate as an experiential activity across the curriculum. Permalink
- Effective classroom discussions - The IDEA Center Publications
- Improving discussions - The IDEA Center Publications
Help Develop This Resource
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.