Free and Cheap Things to Do on Campus
UBC has many great attractions for anyone to check out! Here are some ideas for filling spare time on campus.
Looking for something free and easy to do on campus today? You're in the right place. Remember your student card for most of these to get free admission. Most of these are under $10 for non-students, so bring friends too!
- Visit a garden: UBC Botanical Garden or Nitobe Memorial Garden
- Check out a museum or art gallery: the Museum of Anthropology, the Belkin Art Gallery, the Beaty Biodiversity Museum, or the Pacific Museum of the Earth.
- Prospective student? Sign up for a campus walking tour
- Ready for a swim? Check out the schedule of the Aquatic Centre for free student times
- For music-lovers, the UBC School of Music has lots of free (and nearly-free) concerts!
- Try the drop-in basketball, volleyball, badminton and futsal at the Student Recreation Centre
- Enjoy nature at Pacific Spirit Park or Wreck Beach
- Heard about the Echo Circle or Upside-down Tree? Ask a friend and try to find them
- Listen to CiTR Radio at 101.9 fm
$15 or Less!
If you're looking for something else, and don't want to spend too much:
- Take in a movie at the Norm Theatre
- Great places to eat on campus include the many locations of UBC Food Services, the Student Union Building, and the University Village
- You can see a play for as little as $5, or sign up to usher and see shows for free!
- Your department or faculty may be holding barbeques or socials coming up; check out their website