UBC Wiki:Roadmap/2020 Feb Meeting
Hi everyone, Hope everyone had a great new year. The purpose of the quarterly meeting is to get together to discuss about current configuration/integration/support related to UBC Wiki.
Below is the agenda on what we will potentially talk about in the meeting. Please feel free to add anything to the agenda:
- Time: 2020 Feb 24 1:00PM-2:00PM PST, Monday.
- Location: USB Conference Room 1181
- Intros & Orientation of some current UBC Wiki projects (CONS200, GEOG352, etc).
- Update on Glitch on user name where user's contributions get mixed up with another users (PRB0044508)
- Solution: Patch to fix the issue to be installed around April due to its urgent nature. Then wait for long term Mediawiki cycle.
- It takes approximately around 1 week to implement patch and no downtime https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Version_lifecycle
- Update on UBC Wiki embed to Canvas
- Last update: Pan will work with the team to come up with timeline for potential solution for wiki embed to Canvas (All external links opening in new window instead of the same window). See https://confluence.it.ubc.ca/display/LTHub/Wiki+Integration+into+Canvas for details.
- Pan is looking into solution - to apply the patch (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LinkTarget). However more testing needs to be done.
- Challenges: Newer Browsers (including Chrome, Firefox) are locking down the security so that it does not allow cross-site embed/integration. So in future, this workaround may not work.
- Adding more Creative Commons License in upload wizard (specifically a CC-BY-NC license). Currently, there are not many creative commons license selection available when uploading your own file/other people's file https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/UploadWizard
- Rie to create a ticket to the LT Hub so the request can be tracked.
- Update on being able to use CWL preferred name field (LDAP)
- Wiki Embed on WordPress?
- WordPress Gutenberg - Will Wiki Embed be added as a block?
- Wiki Embed can be added as a block.
- Scheduling regular meetings (1 per term?)
- 1 per term is just right.
- Other Stuff:
- For simple feature request - it will be best to create a ticket to LT Hub so that it will be easier to track,
- Planning a PD for LT Hub Staff to UBC Wiki may be a good idea to keep everyone track of the new feature/enhancement on UBC Wiki.
- Migrating a self-hosted wiki course to ubc wiki.
- Pan and the team will work on implementing the patch to solve the issue with wiki username conflict. The worktime will approximately take around 1 week, and aiming to apply the patch in April. For mediawiki update, we will wait until the future LTS version is released in June (1.35.x (LTS) https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Version_lifecycle
- Wiki to Canvas: Pan will be looking into workaround to solve the link issue for the Canvas iframe method. The method will require more testing.
- Rie will create a ticket to request for adding more creative commons license to the UploadWizard.
- Tim and Rie will arrange a LT Hub Staff PD on UBC Wiki!
- Will, Pan, Tim to follow up with the self-hosted wiki course.