Library:Open Scholarship Sub-Committee
UBC Library Sub-Committee of DAL & RESC
|Open scholarship, which encompasses open access, open data, open educational resources, and all other forms of openness in the scholarly and research environment, is changing how knowledge is created and shared. This is a committee from UBC Library that aims to support all aspects of open scholarship.|
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
Open Scholarship Sub-Committee
A Joint Report to the Discovery, Access & Learning Committee and Research Standing Committee
Terms of Reference | November 19, 2018
This sub-committee of DAL & RESC is intended to coordinate UBC Library’s efforts within the landscape of open at UBC, particularly in light of UBC’s emerging focus on knowledge mobilization and open community engagement in its new Strategic Plan. “Open scholarship” is emerging as an umbrella term covering the multiple areas of open access, open education, open science, open data, open software development, and more. It is also the focus of a specific initiative currently being led through a UBCO-UBCV Working Group (part of the UBC campus wide task force on Open Scholarship). The Library will be more effective in supporting these efforts if key staff members with a stake in these issues are working in a coordinated and synergistic manner.
The Open Scholarship Sub-Committee will have three main goals:
- Support campus-wide initiatives and advocacy for Open Scholarship
- Plan and deliver events with CTLT and other partners across both campuses
- Develop tools and resources on open scholarship, such as a campus Open Scholarship web presence
- Develop professional development opportunities for UBC Library staff, librarians, and archivists on open scholarship topics, tools, and strategies
- Develop a report investigating current services, supports, and tools in support of open scholarship. This report will support UBC Library's Strategic Framework to, "Lead and collaborate to advance open scholarship."
- Erin Fields, Liaison Librarian & Flexible Learning Coordinator (Co-lead)
- Stephanie Savage, Scholarly Communications & Copyright Librarian (Co-lead)
- Leonora Crema, Scholarly Communications & Copyright Librarian
- Will Engle, Open Education Strategist, CTLT
- Rie Namba, Educational Resources Developer - Open Resources, CTLT
- Eirian Vining, cIRcle Digital Repository Librarian
- Sarah Parker, Reference Librarian, Woodward Library
- Mathew Vis-Dunbar, Southern Medical Program Librarian & Open Scholarship, UBC-O
- Eka Grguric, Digital Scholarship Librarian
Monthly meetings are scheduled with the possibility of additional meetings to work on tasks