|This article is a stub. You can help the UBC Community by expanding it.|
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal|
- Armstrong, N., Chang, S., & National Science, T. A. (2007). Location, location, location: Does seat location affect performance in large classes? Journal of College Science Teaching, 37(2), 54-58.
- BCIT. (2010). Making your large lectures interactive. Retrieved from: http://www.bcit.ca/files/ltc/pdf/ja_lecturesinteractive.pdf
- Borda, E. J., Kriz, G. S., Popejoy, K. L., Dickinson, A. K., & Olson, A. L. (2009). Taking ownership of learning in a large class: Group projects and a mini-conference. Journal of College Science Teaching, 38(6), 35-41.
- Boyd, J. (2010). The best of both worlds: The large lecture, writing-intensive course. Communication Teacher, 24(4), 229-237.
- Davis, B. (1993). Preparing to teach the large lecture course. In Tools for teaching. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Davis, B. (1993). Personalizing the large lecture class. In Tools for teaching. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Exeter, D. J., Ameratunga, S., Ratima, M., Morton, S., Dickson, M., Hsu, D., et al. (2010). Student engagement in very large classes: The teachers' perspective. Studies in Higher Education, 35(7), 761-775.
- Geske, J. (1992). Overcoming the drawbacks of the large lecture class. College Teaching, 40(4). 151-154.
- Griffin, T., & Rankine, L. (2010). Affordances for academics: Using learning management systems to effectively manage large-enrolment units in higher education. International Journal on E-Learning, 9(4), 505-528.
- Hancock, T. M. (2010). Use of audience response systems for summative assessment in large classes. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 26(2), 226-237.
- Hejmadi, M. V. (2007). Improving the effectiveness and efficiency of teaching large classes: Development and evaluation of a novel e-resource in cancer biology. Bioscience Education e-Journal, 9.
- Huerta, J. C. (2007). Getting active in the large lecture. Journal of Political Science Education, 3(3), 237-249.
- Isbell, L. M., & Cote, N. G. (2009). Connecting with struggling students to improve performance in large classes. Teaching of Psychology, 36(3), 185-188.
- Lyon, D. C., & Lagowski, J. J. (2008). Effectiveness of facilitating small-group learning in large lecture classes: A general chemistry case study. Journal of Chemical Education, 85(11), 1571-1576.
- Mollborn, S., & Hoekstra, A. (2010). "A meeting of minds": Using clickers for critical thinking and discussion in large sociology classes. Teaching Sociology, 38(1), 18-27.
- Mompo, R., & Redoli, J. (2010). Some internet-based strategies that help solve the problem of teaching large groups of engineering students. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 47(1), 95-102.
- Moulding, N. T. (2010). Intelligent design: Student perceptions of teaching and learning in large social work classes. Higher Education Research and Development, 29(2), 151-165.
- Mulryan-Kyne, C. (2010). Teaching large classes at college and university level: Challenges and opportunities. Teaching in Higher Education, 15(2), 175-185.
- Nelson, J., Robison, D. F., Bell, J. D., & Bradshaw, W. S. (2009). Cloning the professor, an alternative to ineffective teaching in a large course. CBE - Life Sciences Education, 8(3), 252-263.
- Pollock, P. H., Hamann, K., & Wilson, B. M. (2011). Learning through discussions: Comparing the benefits of small-group and large-class settings. Journal of Political Science Education, 7(1), 48-64.
- Sargent, L. D., Allen, B. C., Frahm, J. A., & Morris, G. (2009). Enhancing the experience of student teams in large classes: Training teaching assistants to be coaches. Journal of Management Education, 33(5), 526-552.
- Smith, C. V., & Cardaciotto, L. (2011). Is active learning like broccoli? student perceptions of active learning in large lecture classes. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 11(1), 53-61.
- Stanger-Hall, K., Lang, S., & Maas, M. (2010). Facilitating learning in large lecture classes: Testing the "teaching team" approach to peer learning. CBE - Life Sciences Education, 9(4), 489-503.
- Wang, M., Shen, R., Novak, D., & Pan, X. (2009). The impact of mobile learning on students' learning behaviours and performance: Report from a large blended classroom. British Journal of Educational Technology, 40(4), 673-695.
- Wanous, M., Procter, B., & Murshid, K. (2009). Assessment for learning and skills development: The case of large classes. European Journal of Engineering Education, 34(1), 77-85.
- Yazedjian, A., & Kolkhorst, B. B. (2007). Implementing small-group activities in large lecture classes. College Teaching, 55(4), 164-169.
Help Develop This Resource[wikitext]
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.