Documentation:Guide to Teaching for New Faculty at UBC/References
|GUIDE TO TEACHING|
NEW FACULTY AT UBC
- Angelo, Thomas A. and Patricia K. Cross. Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Teachers. Jossey-Bass, 1993. Permalink
- Arons, A. ‘Research in Physics Education: The Early Years’ In Physics Education Research Conference, 1998 Proceedings, (p.3) http://physics.unl.edu/~rpeg/perc98/
- Bain, Ken. 'What the Best College Teachers Do. Harvard University Press, 2004. Permalink
- Bligh, Donald A. What’s The Use of Lectures?. Jossey-Bass, 2000. Permalink
- Bransford, John, D., Ann L. Brown, Rodney R. Cocking eds. How People Learn: Brain, Mind, Experience, and School: Expanded Edition. National Academies Press, 2000. Permalink
- Brookfield, Stephen D. The Skillful Teacher: On Technique, Trust, and Responsiveness in the Classroom. Jossey-Bass Inc., 1990. Permalink
- Brookfield, Stephen D. and Stephen Preskill. Discussion as a Way of Teaching: Tools and Techniques for Democratic Classrooms. Jossey- Bass Higher and Adult Education Series. Jossey-Bass, 2005. Permalink
- Fenwick, Tara and Parsons, Jim. The Art of Evaluation: a Handbook for Educators and Trainers. Thompson Educational Publishing, 2000. Permalink
- Felder, Richard M. and Rebecca Brent. Navigating the Bumpy Road to Student-Centered Instruction, College Teaching, Vol. 44, 1996.
- Fink, L. Dee. Creating Significant Learning Experiences, An Integrated Approach to Designing College Courses. Jossey-Bass, 2003. Permalink
- Huba, Mary E. and Jann E. Freed. Learner-Centered Assessment on College Campuses: Shifting the Focus from Teaching to Learning. Allyn & Bacon, 1999.
- Michaelsen, Larry. K., Arletta Bauman Knight, L. Dee Fink. Team-Based Learning: A Transformative Use of Small Groups in College Teaching. Stylus Publishing, 2002. Permalink
- Mueller, Claudia M. and Dweck, Carol S. Praise for intelligence can undermine children’s motivation and performance. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol 75(1), Jul 1998, 33-52.
- Nilson, Linda B. The Graphic Syllabus and the Outcomes Map: Communicating Your Course. Jossey-Bass, 2007. Permalink
- O’Brien Judith. G., Millis, B.J., Cohen, M.W. The Course Syllabus – A Learning-Centered Approach. Jossey-Bass, 2008.
- Sorcinelli, Mary D. Promoting Civility in Large Classes in Engaging Large Classes. Eds. C. Stanley and M. Porter. Anker Publishing, 2002
- Stanfield, Brian. R. ed, The Art of Focused Conversation: 100 Ways to Access Group Wisdom in the Workplace. New Society Publishers, 2000.
- Thoma, George. A. The Perry Framework and Tactics for Teaching Critical Thinking in Economics, Journal of Economics Education, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 128-136.
- Walvoord, Barbara E. and Virginia J. Anderson. Effective Grading: A Tool for Learning and Assessment. Jossey Bass Higher and Adult Education Series. Jossey-Bass, 1998. Permalink
- Wankat, Phillip C. and Oreovciz. Frank S. Models of Cognitive Development: Piaget and Perry in Teaching Engineering, McGraw Hill, 1993.
- Weimer, Maryellen. Learner-Centered Teaching: Five Key Changes to Practice. Jossey-Bass, 2002. Permalink
- Wiggins, Grant and Jay McTighe. Understanding by Design. Prentice Hall, 2000. Permalink