Documentation:Assessment and Evaluation
|This article is a stub. You can help the UBC Community by expanding it.|
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal|
Appraising or judging persons, organizations, or things in relation to stated objectives, standards, or criteria.
- Brown, B. L., & ERIC Clearinghouse on Adult, Career, and,Vocational Education. (1997). Portfolio assessment: Missing link in student evaluation. trends and issues alerts Permalink
- Brualdi, A. (1996). Multiple intelligences: Gardner's theory. Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation, 5(10). Retrieved from: http://pareonline.net/getvn.asp?v=5&n=10
- Brualdi, A., & ERIC Clearinghouse on Assessment,and Evaluation. (1998). Implementing performance assessment in the classroom. ERIC/AE digest Permalink
- Clarke, E. (1989). Grading seminar performance. In R. A. Neff & M. Weimer (Eds.), Classroom Communication: Collected Readings for Effective Discussion and Questioning (pp. 43-50). Madison, WI: Magma.
- Eison, J. (1989-1990). The meaning of college grades. Essays on Teaching Excellence: Toward the Best in the Academy, 1(7). Retrieved from: http://podnetwork.org/content/uploads/V1-N7.pdf
- Fenwick, T. & Parsons, J. (2009). The art of evaluation: A resource for educators and trainers. Toronto, Canada: Thompson Educational.
- Frary, R. B., & ERIC Clearinghouse on Assessment,and Evaluation. (1995). More multiple-choice item writing do's and don'ts. ERIC/AE digest Permalink
- Kehoe, J., & ERIC Clearinghouse on Assessment,and Evaluation. (1995). Writing multiple-choice test items. ERIC/AE digest Permalink
- Kerka, S., & ERIC Clearinghouse on Adult, Career, and,Vocational Education. (1995). Authentic assessment in vocational education. trends and issues alerts Permalink
- Kerka, S., & ERIC Clearinghouse on Adult, Career, and,Vocational Education. (1995). Techniques for authentic assessment. practice application brief Permalink
- Lankes, A. M. D., & ERIC Clearinghouse on Information,and Technology. (1995). Electronic portfolios: A new idea in assessment. ERIC digest Permalink
- Lowman, J. (1985). Evaluating student performance: Testing and grading. In Mastering the Techniques of Teaching (pp. 184-209). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Moskal, B. M. (2000). Scoring rubrics: What, when and how? Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation, 7(3)
- Scott, S. (2014). Practising what we preach: Towards a student-centred definition of feedback. Teaching in Higher Education, 19(1), 49-57.
- Svinicki, M. (1994-1995). I'd like to use essay tests, but... Essays on Teaching Excellence: Toward the Best in the Academy, 6(4). Retrieved from: http://podnetwork.org/content/uploads/V6-N4-Svinicki.pdf
- Wiggins, G., ERIC Clearinghouse, o. T., & American Institutes, f. R. (1990). The case for authentic assessment. ERIC digest Permalink
- Walvoord, B. & Anderson, V. J. (1998). Fostering motivation and learning in the grading process. In Effective Grading: A Tool for Learning and Assessment.' (pp. 43-63). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Educational Assessment
- Description: Faculty Focus: Higher Ed Strategies from Magna Publications
- URL: http://www.facultyfocus.com/
- The Online Assessment Resource Centre; a source of information and electronic tools for creating assessments. Also contains an assignment repository for sharing assignments.
- Description: "The Online Assessment Rescource Centre
- URL: http://tag.ubc.ca/oarc/
- Field-tested Learning Assessment Guide for Science, Math, Engineering and Technology Instructors
- Description: "Succinct, self-contained, self-instructional, web-based modules that introduce a broadly applicable range of techniques” for use in college or university courses.
- URL: http://www.flaguide.org/
- Classroom Assessment Techniques by the National Teaching and Learning Forum
- Description: Provides an introduction to CATs, a description of how to use them, and an explanation of why to use them. Examples of eight different types of CATs are provided for collecting feedback on student learning and responses to teaching.
- URL: http://www.ntlf.com/html/lib/bib/assess.htm
- Classroom Assessment Techniques by the Centre for Excellence in Learning and Teaching at Iowa State University
- Description: Introduces CATs, outlines their multiple uses and shows different types.
- URL: http://www.celt.iastate.edu/teaching/cat.html
Help Develop This Resource
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.