| Faculty of Science|
Department of Mathematics
| Course Archive 2010-2011|
MATH 110 / 002
|Class schedule:||Mon Wed Fri<br\>4:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Office hours:||by appointment|
Math 110/Section 002 Wiki
- Textbook: A custom edition of Calculus: Early Transcendentals, Single Variable by Briggs and Cochran is the required textbook. (The custom edition is simply an abbreviated version of the regular edition.) The accompanying custom Student Solutions Manual is also required, as is a supplementary text, the 3rd edition of Just-In-Time Algebra and Trigonometry for Calculus by Mueller and Brent. All of these resources may be purchased as a package from the UBC Bookstore.
- Clickers: This course will make use of iClickers. A lot of various courses at UBC make use of this technology. You can get your iClicker at the UBC Bookstore. Have a look at the Clickers documentation page on this wiki for more details.
Math 110 is a two-term course in differential calculus with additional material designed to strengthen understanding of essential pre-calculus topics. In addition to regular lectures, students in MATH 110 are assigned to workshop sections which meet weekly under the guidance of graduate and undergraduate teaching assistants. Workshops will consist of problem-solving sessions, projects and quizzes. They are an integral part of the course, and attendance is mandatory.
You can find the course outline here. It contains some useful information about the different components of the course, the grading scheme and and a weekly schedule which contains an approximative breakdown of topics and some important dates, such as final exams and midterms. Please discard what the outline says about homework, I'm following my own schedule which you can check on the homework page.
What you will find in this wiki
So far, the following pages have been created.
- If you are a new student who just enrolled in this course, please read the Getting Started page.
- Daily reading assignments will be described on the Reading Assignment page.
- There will be a assigned homework almost every week. The Homework Assignment page will contain all the relevant information.
- The Course policies page contains all the rules that have been agreed on by the class.
- The Frequently Asked Questions page highlights common questions and provides tips and answers.
List of all subpages of this wiki
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 2.3.0 : Error: Wrong 'namespace' parameter: 'Course'! Help: <code>namespace= <i>empty string</i> (Main) | Arts | Arts_talk | Campaign | Campaign_talk | Category | Category_talk | Copyright | Copyright_talk | Course | Course_talk | Documentation | Documentation_talk | Elearning | Elearning_talk | File | File_talk | Help | Help_talk | LFS | LFS_talk | Learning_Commons | Learning_Commons_talk | Library | Library_talk | MediaWiki | MediaWiki_talk | Module | Module_talk | Notepad | Notepad_talk | Sandbox | Sandbox_talk | Science | Science_talk | Summary | Summary_talk | Talk | Template | Template_talk | Thread | Thread_talk | UBC_Wiki | UBC_Wiki_talk | User | User_talk | Widget | Widget_talk | YouTube | YouTube_talk</code>.