| UBC TA Training|
Community of Practice
|Overview by Departments|
Departments at UBC organize their own TA training and their coordinators are invited to join the community of practice hosted by CTLT. This page represents a first attempt at collecting some centralized information about the various TA training programs in existence and other related professional development activities. If you have information about a TA training program that is not listed below, please add it below.
TA Union Info
The UBC TA Union (CUPE 2278) website has lots of info about the TA contract. Although the contract has expired, the TAs still fall under the previous contract. A new contract with UBC is under negotiations.
TA Training Programs Overview by Departments
What are each departments doing? Visit our Overview of TA Training Programs page.
TA Training Program Elements
What sorts of elements are involved in TA Training programs in various departments? Visit our Overview by program element page.
TA Training Community of Practice (CoP) Meetings
Please contact Shaya Golparian at CTLT if you would like to join the TA training CoP and be added to the listserv to receive notifications about future TA training CoP meetings.
- Meeting 1 - held on November 22, 2011 on the topic of An overview of TA training programs at UBC
- Meeting 2 - held on January 17, 2012 on the topic of Evaluating TA Training Programs
- Meeting 3 - held on February 17, 2012 on the topic of Funding Applications
- Meeting 4 - held on March 21, 2012 on the topic of Mentorship in TA training programs at UBC
- Meeting 7 - held on August 2, 2012 on the topic of Program Development
- Meeting 10 - held on November 27, 2012 on the topic of Peer Evaluation
- Meeting 11 - held on January 14, 2013 on the topic of "Encouraging Excitement and Community"
- April 2014 - held on April 28, 2014 on the topic of Advocacy: Role of TA
- December 2014 - held on December 18, 2014 on the topic of TA Participation in TA Training Programs
- January 2015 - held on January 26, 2015 on the topic of "TA Training Session Content: Application for Funding"
- February 2015 - held on February 24, 2015 on the topic of "TA Support: Evaluation of Student Work"
- March 2015 - held on March 26, 2015 on the topic of "TA Handbook/Resources"
- May 2015 - held on May 8, 2015 on the topic of "New and Returning TAs"
- October 2015 - held on October, 2015 on the topic of "Motivating TAs"
- November 2015 - held on November, 2015 on the topic of "TA Skills Development Process"
- January 2015 - held on January, 2016 on the topic of "TA Training Application Process"
- February 2016 - held on February 23, 2016 on the topic of "Feedback to and from TAs"
- March 2017 - held on March 30, 2017 on "Effective Assessment of TA Training Programs"
- May 2017 - held on May 17, 2017 on "Returning/Senior TAs"
- January 2018 - held on January 22, 2018 on "Resources, Handbook & Online Space"
- February 2018 - held on February 27, 2018 on "Programming for Returning TAs"
- January 2018 - held on March 29, 2018 on "TA Attendance/Participation in TA Training"
Help Develop This Resource
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.