|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal|
In teaching and learning, a rubric can be thought of as an assessment tool for communicating expectations of quality.
- Creating Rubrics: Tools You Can Use - Linda Starr, Education World
- Explains how rubrics can guide students and support instructor assessments. Included: Three online tools for creating rubrics.
- Rubrics and Rubric Makers - teAchnology
- A wealth of rubric tools – easy to customize and practical.
- Assessment and Rubrics - Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators
- Explore for a wide range of example rubrics and how to articles.
- Andrade, H. G. (2005). Teaching with rubrics: The good, the bad, and the ugly. College Teaching, 53(1), 27-30.
- Choinski, E., Mark, A., & Murphey, M. (2003). Assessment with rubrics: An efficient and objective means of assessing student outcomes in an information resources class. PORTAL-LIBRARIES AND THE ACADEMY, 3(4), 563-575.
- East, M. (2009). Evaluating the reliability of a detailed analytic scoring rubric for foreign language writing. Assessing Writing, 14(2), 88-115.
- Herbert Rau. (2009). Implementation of rubrics in an upper-level undergraduate strategy class. Southern Business Review, 34(2), 31. Permalink
- Jonsson, A., & Svingby, G. (2007). The use of scoring rubrics: Reliability, validity and educational consequences. Educational Research Review, 2(2), 130-144.
- Malini Y. Reddy. (2011). Design and development of rubrics to improve assessment outcomes. Quality Assurance in Education, 19(1), 84-104. Permalink
- Shipman, D., Roa, M., Hooten, J., & Wang, Z. J. (2012). Using the analytic rubric as an evaluation tool in nursing education: The positive and the negative. Nurse Education Today, 32(3), 246.
- Turley, E. D., & Gallagher, C. W. (2008). On the "uses" of rubrics: Reframing the great rubric debate. English Journal, 97(4), 87-92.
Help Develop This Resource
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.