E-Textbooks (Design, Implementation, Effects)
|This article is a stub. You can help the UBC Community by expanding it.|
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal|
- Brusilovsky, P., Schwarz, E., & Weber, G. (1996). A tool for developing adaptive electronic textbooks on WWW. Permalink
- Crandell, C., & Crandell, T. (2003). Conceptual framework and assessment tool for designing a personalized electronic textbook and other online educational software.
- Ditmyer, M. M., Dye, J., Guirguis, N., Jamison, K., Moody, M., Mobley, C. C., & Davenport, W. D. (2012). Electronic vs. traditional textbook use: Dental students' perceptions and study habits. Journal of Dental Education, 76(6), 728-738.
- Grensing-Pophal, L. (2010). Are textbooks OBSOLETE? an education in the impact of electronic textbooks. ECONTENT, 33(3), 18-22.
- Landoni, M., Wilson, R., & Gibb, F. (2001). Looking for guidelines for the production of electronic textbooks. Online Information Review, 25(3), 181-95. Permalink
- Leo Appleton. (2005). Using electronic textbooks: Promoting, placing and embedding. The Electronic Library, 23(1), 54-63.
- Miller, J. R., Nutting, A. W., Baker-Eveleth, L., & Cornell Higher Education, R. I. (2012). The determinants of electronic textbook use among college students. Cornell Higher Education Research Institute. Permalink
- Nelson, M. A. (2008). Is higher education ready to switch to digital course materials? the cost of textbooks is driving electronic solutions. Chronicle of Higher Education, 55(14).
- Platt, F., & Hausman, L. (2008). The methods for determining the viability of electronic textbooks and their hardware for use in the university environment: The trips, tricks, and traps for their selection.
- Ruth Wilson. (2002). EBONI: Designing effective electronic textbooks. Library Hi Tech News, 19(4), 16.
- Shepperd, J., Grace, J., & Koch, E. (2008). Evaluating the electronic textbook: Is it time to dispense with the paper text.? TEACHING OF PSYCHOLOGY, 35(1), 2-5.
- Siebenbruner, J. (2011). Electronic versus traditional textbooks: A comparison of college textbook formats. Journal on Excellence in College Teaching, 22(3), 75-92. Permalink
- Smith, R. (2000). The purpose, design, and evolution of online interactive textbooks: The digital learning interactive model. History Computer Review, 16(2), 43-59. Permalink
Help Develop This Resource
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.