Documentation:UBC Content Management System/CLF Theme/UBC CLF Theme Options Index
This page is meant to provide a nice overview of the structure of the UBC CLF Theme Options sections and their subsections. You can click on any of the sections and subsections to visit that section's UBC Wiki page or page heading.
Back to: Theme Options Overview
UBC CLF Options
The following elements can be customized in the UBC CLF section: the CLF header, the location, the Mega Menu dropdowns (these are the Campuses, UBC Directories and UBC QuickLinks buttons), the "a place of mind" dropdown, the search bar, and the footer contact information.
- UBC Header - The UBC Header section displays a preview of the UBC CLF header's current settings.
- Header Colour Options - The CLF header colours can be changed in the Header Colour Options section. The changes are immediately reflected in the preview in the UBC Header section.
- Header Faculty & Unit Labels - These options change the faculty and unit information in the header.
- Location - Choose between Vancouver and Okanagan to have the CLF reflect your location.
- Mega Menu - Enable/disable the Campuses, UBC Directories, and UBC QuickLinks dropdowns (you can see how these look at the top of UBC.ca).
- Place of Mind Dropdown - Adjust the "a place of mind" dropdown in the CLF header.
- Site Specific Search - Adjust the scope of your search field.
- Unit Contact Info - Update your unit's contact information (appears in footer).
- Faculty or Umbrella Unit Info - Update your faculty's contact information (appears in footer).
Choose the default layout for all pages (will not affect Frontpage layout) in the Layout Theme Options section.
Font and Colour Options
You can customize your site's fonts and colours in the Fonts & Colors Theme Options section.
- Style Options - Choose your website's style.
- Font Options - Choose fonts and font size scales for your site.
- Colour Options - Choose your site's primary, secondary, and background colours.
Enable/disable and change the way your top navigation header, breadcrumb navigation, and previous and next post navigation is presented on your site in the Display Options Theme Options section.
- Style - Choose your site's top navigation style.
- Dropdown - Choose the presentation of dropdowns in your top navigation menu.
- Breadcrumbs - Select the breadcrumb style to showcase your site's hierarchy at the top of the page.
- Next and Previous Posts - Customize navigation between next and previous posts.
The Display Options allow you to enable/disable/alter different display features such as the post's byline, meta data, and comments, as well as the page meta data, favicon, licensing, additional header options and the sub-branding header image.
- Post Options - Choose a template for the post byline and post meta data.
- Page Options - Choose a template for the page meta data.
- Discussion - Enable/disable comments site-wide.
- Archive Options - Enable/disable post thumbnails on category archive pages.
- Feed Cache - Set the duration of the feed cache.
- License - Select a default website content license.
- Header - Enable/disable the header widget area and choose whether to display the site name and tagline under the top navigation menu.
- Header Image - Set up default sub-branding imagery on your site.
- Footer Scripts - Add footer scripts like Google Analytics.
You can configure your frontpage in the Frontpage Theme Options section.
- Frontpage Layout - Choose a layout for your frontpage.
- Spotlight Rotation Options - Choose your Spotlight Rotation style and options.
- Content Area - Add/remove content columns and enter your frontpage's main content.
Custom Fields Options
- Custom CSS - Enable custom CSS.
- Real Post Author - Enable option to show real author of post/page even if they are not a member of the site.
- Page Permissions - Enable the option to display your content to a selected audience based on user levels.
- Post URL overwrite - Enable option to redirect pages and posts to a different URL once their URL is displayed.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Options
The Search Engine Optimization options allow you to change your HTML title tags as well as set up search data analyzation tools.
- SEO Options - Change your pages' default HTML title tags.
- Google Webmaster - Verify your site with Google Webmaster.
- Bing Webmaster - Verify your site with Bing Webmaster.
- Yahoo Site Explorer - Verify your site with Yahoo! Site Explorer.
The Export option allows users to copy their CLF Theme Options from their CMS site to another CMS site.
The Import option allows users to import all the CLF Theme Options from another CMS site to their CMS site.