Documentation:Social Web Tools/Social Networking
Description: Social networking is a term used to describe the way that people build online networks of contacts and interact with them in a secure environment. Some of the most popular social networking sites include Facebook and MySpace.
- sharing resources/ideas
- connecting with colleagues
- keeping friends/contacts updated with your activities.
UBC In Practice:
- Live-in for Literacy Campaign
- UBC's Facebook Page
- UBC's 1st Year Engineering Student Group
- UBC's Terry Program
- UBC's Forestry course: Sustainable Energy Policy and Governance: CONS 425
- Learning Commons: FB Page
- UBC Facebook Accounts
Others In Practice:
- Stanford's Open Office Hours on Facebook
- Social Networking Technologies: A Poke for Campus Services (Educause, 2007) 
- Stanford's Open Office Hours Comes to Facebook
- Why the Facebook Page My Students Created is Better than the Discussion Form I Created for Them.