Day 2 Learning Outcomes
Theme: Defining the “What”: Aligning Outcomes, Evidence & Assessment
Essential Question for Day 2: What counts as evidence of understanding?
On Day 2, you will start to align your course outcomes with evidence and assessment methods. You will begin to develop an assessment plan for your course by identifying how students can demonstrate their progress towards your learning outcomes. You will offer and integrate feedback on this aspect of your course design plan in progress.
By the end of day 2, you will be able to:
- Implement principles of alignment into your course design
- Refine your course-level learning outcomes to reflect alignment with your "big ideas" and your assessment plans
- Articulate how formative and summative assessment practices impact learning
- Select and/or design two or more assessment strategies that are aligned with your learning outcomes and reflect enduring value
- Appreciate the iterative nature of course design.