Documentation:Clickers and the new LMS Pilot/For Instructional Support Staff
Here are the main points:
- Students need to register their clickers in Connect and can begin doing so right away. (If students have courses in Vista that use Clickers, they need to register in Vista as well).
- In iClicker > Settings and Preferences > 'Registration/Export' tab, instructors should choose Blackboard 'Version 8 and above' as their 'Course Management System' - http://cl.ly/3V0A1r47011G2R3O1L0I
- Instructors will need a new version of the CMS Integrate Wizard + config file that includes the option to connect to both Vista and Connect - http://cl.ly/1e1u0W0H012I0I2J0Z3f
- Just unzip the file and replace the current files with these new ones. Folks will need to re-enter their credentials.
- Instructors will need to use their PUID and Utility password to put in the CMS Integrate Wizard
- To find PUIDs, in Connect > click on the Content Collections tab at the top
- When 'Save Username and Password' is selected, the CMS Integrate Wizard will remember both PUID+utility password (for Connect) and utility id+utility password (vista) combinations!! but instructors will need to manually choose Vista or Connect whenever the wizard opens
- The downloaded student roster file is now called gb_export.csv (for Vista it's called class.txt) - RemoteID.csv remains the same.