Documentation:CTLT Open Learning Design Group/Meeting Notes/Feb 2019
- Next meeting -> Retreat: key take aways.
- outcomes for retreat.
- Librarian position for open scholarship co-op student. Goal: map out what support around open education/open scholarship.
- Christina asked Will to work on finding out cost of material for digital sharing. Information is coming out from the UBC Bookstore.
- indigenous writer's edit-a-thon.
- Wiki page on Canvas Catalogue: https://wiki.ubc.ca/Documentation:LTHub/Canvas/CanvasCatalog
- Canvas Catelogue= not for credit course.
- Meeting with PressBrook
- BCNET conference
- ISW lesson plan -> on wiki.
- Open Education Week
- TLEF for Pharmacy. -> open case studies for pharmacy - related to Digital Tattoo.
- WordPress update in the morning: Glutenberg, future of CMS, no Teaching and Learning stuff in CMS, etc.
- Indigenous Wikipedia hackathon
- March 6- Open Education Week
- Canvas Catelog: Encouraged for open modules as long as it doesn't involve student with credit course.
- Pharmacy= using it for professional development courses.
- retreat follow up: Documentation:CTLT Open Learning Design Group/2019 Retreat Connects Across CTLT to support intentional approaches to open sharing of teaching, learning & technology practices and resources.
- Shared Purpose:
- Threat and Risks
- Flesh out what we mean by "Resources" and what "formats" we want in different platform and to "clarify" before bigger conversation.
- TLPD Survey of resources - done. The next step: Gillian level .
- Cultual shifting a bit...= document that
- Next step: Talk to Kele with open learning design group
- MarComm = open education .
- ID team = putting open resources on Canvas Commons.
- Teaching Learning Professional development= teach online.
- Inviting Novak = Open Pack.
- Putting the resources on the open site.
- IDs and Open
- Invite Tannis Morgan to talk about open
- ID CoP = place to connect.
- Lucas will email Tannis and Will will email Afsaneh
- Many students= made decision not to publish their work in open. Catch up with Janette and have debrief
- TLPD Resources. Meeting with Gillian = clarify the intention/support/consideration.
- Organization tree for core concept of education
- slide= challenge to address
- CoP to where to put slides.. Style Guide is important.
- maybe categorize slides as [[Category:CTLT Slides]] and [[Category:CTLT Resources]]
- Create template -> template that automatically categorize in 3 categories?
- invite Tannis. Brownbag session.
- Follow up with Gillian to clarify the intention/support/conideration
- Rie and Deb : Work on the template for TLPD Resources. Something similar to: infobox .
Feb 28 - Rie & Deb
We discussed using "Add a New Page (Input Box)" to pre-load template as a option.
- Workshop Materials (slides, handouts, etc) - should be uploaded directly onto UBC Wiki, even when it is available elsewhere digitally (it enables wiki users to search and download the file), and tagged appropriately.
General components of a template that we'd like to include:
- Infobox for Teaching and Learning Resources Portal?
- Land acknowledgement
- (Depending on the type of template)
- Lesson Plan - Materials, Set up, Learning Outcomes, Activities, etc.
- Guides - What is it? Why use it? How to use it? etc...
- Authorship and Affiliation (credits to invite conversation)
- CC license (y/n option; template in itself); we discussed briefly re: creating specific templates for Indigenous Initiatives, especially when resources are co-developed with Indigenous community members and scholars (CC License may not be appropriate here)
- Categories: CTLT Resources, Teaching and Learning, other relevant categories.
We need to identify common templates (e.g., lesson plan, guides, others) before we begin drafting these templates.