Digital Storytelling (Teaching and Learning)
|This article is a stub. You can help the UBC Community by expanding it.|
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal|
"Digital storytelling is the practice of combining narrative with digital content, including images, sound, and video, to create a short movie, typically with a strong emotional component." (As cited in Sheneman, 2010)
- Benmayor, R. (2008). Digital storytelling as a signature pedagogy for the new humanities. Arts and Humanities in Higher Education, 7(2), 188-204.
- Howell, D., & Howell, D. K. (2003). Digital storytelling: Creating an estory. Worthington, Ohio: Linworth Pub.
- Jenkins, M. (2011). Digital storytelling: Guide for educators. ABINGDON: ROUTLEDGE JOURNALS, TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD. Permalink
- Kay Gregory, Joyce Steelman, & David C Caverly. (2010). Techtalk: Digital storytelling and developmental education. Journal of Developmental Education, 33(2), 42.
- Kelly Czarnecki. (2009). How digital storytelling builds 21st century skills. Library Technology Reports, 45(7), 15.
- McLellan, H. (2007). Digital storytelling in higher education. Journal of Computing in Higher Education, 19(1), 65-79.
- MEADOWS, D. (2003). Digital storytelling: Research-based practice in new media. Visual Communication, 2(2), 189-193.
- Miller, C. H. (2008). Digital storytelling: A creator's guide to interactive entertainment. Amsterdam: Focal Press/Elsevier.
- Mori, H., & Hoshino, J. (2005). Key action technique for digital storytelling. (pp. 36-47). Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Rebmann, K. R. (2012). Theory, practice, tools: Catching up with digital storytelling. Teacher Librarian, 39(3), 30.
- Royer, R., & Richards, P. (2008). Digital storytelling. Learning & Leading with Technology, 36(3), 29.
- Sheneman, L. (2010). Digital storytelling: How to get the best results. School Library Monthly, 27(1), 40-42.
Help Develop This Resource
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.