Academic Leadership Development
|This article is a stub. You can help the UBC Community by expanding it.|
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal.|
- Benoit, P., Graham, S. (2005). Leadership excellence: Constructing the role of department. Academic Leadership: The Online Journal, 3(1). Permalink
- Berdrow, I. (2010). King among kings: Understanding the role and responsibilities of the department chair in higher education. Educational Management Administration & Leadership, 38(4), 499-514. Permalink
- Bryman, A. (2007). Effective leadership in higher education: A literature review. Studies in Higher Education, 32(6), 693-710. Permalink
- Crevani, L., M. Lindgren, et al. (2010). Leadership, not leaders: On the study of leadership as practices and interactions. Scandinavian Journal of Management, 26, 77-86. Permalink
- Farey, P. (1993). Mapping the Leader/Manager.Management Learning, 24(2). Permalink
- Hoff, K. S. (1999). Leaders and managers: Essential skills required within higher education. Higher Education, 38(3), 311-31. Permalink
- Isaac C., Griffin, L., Carnes, M. (2010). A qualitative study of faculty members' views of women chairs. Journal of Women's Health, 19(3), 533-546. Permalink
- Milburn, P. C. (2010). The role of programme directors as academic leaders. Active Learning in Higher Education, 11(2), 87-95. Permalink
- Wolverton, M., Ackerman, R., & Holt, S. (2005). Preparing for leadership: What academic department chairs need to know. Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, 27(2), 227-238. Permalink
- Wyn, J., Acker, S., & Richards, E. (2000). Making a difference: Women in management in australian and canadian faculties of education. Gender and Education, 12(4), 435-47. Permalink
Help Develop This Resource
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.