Hi! I work for UBC's Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Technology as a strategist for open education initiatives. I am engaged with projects that are leveraging technologies, approaches and pedagogies to support open learning and scholarship. With a background in library science, I am interested in understanding and supporting the removal of barriers that limit access to, and participation in, education, information, and knowledge.
- Engle, Will. (2014). UBC MOOC Pilot: Design and Delivery Overview Report
- MediaWiki as a Transformative University Platform: Creating an Institutional Gateway to the Commons. Wikimania 2015. Mexico City, Mexico.
- "UBC Student API Hackathon".
- 2017 BC Educational Technology Users Group Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
- The Medium and the message: CMOOC as Open Professional Development. Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Vancouver, BC
- Creating the Pathway: Using Open Badges to Support Personalized Learning. Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Vancouver, BC
- Case Studies on the Student as Producer. Open Education Conference. Arlington, VA
- Hands-On Learning: The Role of Maker Culture in Innovative Pedagogy
- Open Practices: Wikipedia-based Assignments in Your Classroom
- Open Educational Practices: Aligning Teaching and Learning with Research Practices, UBC
- Open in Action: A Panel Discussion. 2016 Open Access Week
- Engle, Will. (2018) Open UBC Snapshot: Use of Open Resources Continues to Increase Open UBC
- Engle, Will (2017). "UBC Textbook Displacements by Open Resources". Open UBC.
- OER Accessibility Toolkit. Open UBC.
- Engle, Will (2019). "Open UBC Snapshot: Significant Use and Support for Open Resources". Open UBC.
|This page has been viewed over 357 times.|