Teaching and Learning Periodicals
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal|
This page lists a selection of periodicals dealing with teaching and learning, the scholarship of teaching and learning and general higher education, as well as linking to similar lists compiled by other institutions.
General Teaching and Learning Publications in Higher Education
- Academic Exchange Quarterly Permalink
- Active Learning in Higher Education Permalink
- Assessment Update: Progress, Trends, and Practices in Higher Education Permalink
- Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Permalink
- Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning Permalink
- College Teaching Permalink
- DeLiberations on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Permalink
- Harvard Educational Review Permalink
- Inside Higher Education Permalink
- Journal on Excellence in College Teaching Permalink
- Journal of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Permalink
- New Directions for Teaching and Learning Permalink
- Simulation and Gaming Permalink
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Newsletter Permalink
- The Teaching Professor Permalink
Free Site Licenses for the UBC Teaching Community
*****NOTE: Subscription to the newsletters below is currently unavailable.*****
The Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology provides UBC Site licenses for teaching and learning related newsletters:
All members of the UBC teaching community may register to receive free subscription(s) to one or all of these newsletters. Registration is only required once. With your subscription(s), you will receive a monthly email providing you with the current issue’s Table of Contents, and links to both individual articles and the entire issue.
First Step: As a member of the UBC teaching community, you will need a Voucher Code and a PIN to register. To receive this information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and job title or role at UBC in the body and “newsletter subscription” in the subject line.
To Register: Once you have received the Voucher Code and PIN, register at the Magna Publications website. You will need to enter your individual email address and a personal password, as well as provide some other required information. Shortly after you register, you will receive a confirming email. You will only need to register once.
- All members of the UBC teaching community can also have direct access to The Journal on Excellence in College Teaching
Further Resources for Finding Teaching and Learning Periodicals
- UBC Library Resource Guide for Education Permalink
- The IDEA Center IDEA Paper No. 28 "Periodicals Related to College Teaching," Cashin and Clegg Permalink
- Periodicals Related to University Teaching compiled by the University of Guelph, Teaching Support Services Permalink
- List of Journals related to Teaching and Learning in Higher Ed. Permalink
- List of Journals that Publish the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning and Address General Issues in Higher Education Permalink
Help Develop This Resource
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.