Documentation:WordPress Basics/Basics 2 Guide/userroles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
WordPress has five pre-defined Roles:
- Administrator - Somebody who has access to all the administration features
- Editor – Somebody who can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people’s posts, etc.
- Author – Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish posts
- Subscriber – Somebody who can read comments/comment/receive news letters, etc.
For a detailed look at the roles and capabilities, please refer to Roles and Capabilities in the WordPress Codex.