Setting up your very own, personalized twitter widget is fairly simple. Simply follow the instructions below to get started.
Generating the Widget
The following steps explain how to generate your desired widget on twitter.com and then grab the embed code.
- Log in to your Twitter account
- Go to https://publish.twitter.com/
- Enter the twitter URL that you want to embed to your site
- Click Embedded timeline
- Click Copy Code
You will now need to embed the code into your page.
Embedding the Widget
Steps to embedding in the widget area:
- Go to Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets
- Drag the "Section" widget into whichever widget area you'd like (widget areas are marked in the sidebar, ex. frontpage, primary, secondary, etc.)
- Optional: Add a title to the widget
- Select all the areas that you wish the widget to appear in using the "Special Pages", "Pages", "Categories", and "Tags" tabs
- Paste the widget embed code in the entry field textbox
- Click on the "Save" button
Other Widgets You Can Use
- Section (Tabbed)
NOTE: Depending on the theme in use, widget areas can differ in size but all should be able to fit a properly sized Twitter widget. If your theme does not have a widget area, you could try simply embedding the code into a page or post.