Documentation:Open Case Studies/Geography/Template
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Title of Case Study
Framing the Problem
- Describe a (hypothetical or actual) problem or dilemma related to sustainability or environmental ethics, describe why it is a problem and why it is difficult to solve
- How the problem developed, similar or related historical problems
- Describe governmental jurisdiction over this issue and dilemmas for lawmakers, current laws/precedents related to the problem
- Describe economic issues related to the problem
- Describe social groups this problem impacts and who needs to be taken into account in its solution
- Case study references
- Additional resources
What would a Geographer do?
- Respond to these questions: How would a Geographer, approach responding to the problem outlined in this case study, and what are some responses they might offer?
- What elements of the case would they be most likely to focus on and why?
- What kinds of questions would they ask?
- What disciplinary approaches or methodology might they use?
- In answering these questions, draw from existing literature from this discipline where possible, considering especially how similar problems have been approached.
- How might an instructor in Geography incorporate this case study into their course readings, discussions, and assignments?