Documentation:Course Design Intensive/Criteria for Review
This documents a proposed criteria for evaluating what should stay/go/be revised. Participants in the discussion
- learning outcomes
- participant feedback over at least 2 offerings.
- constraints (is it doable?)
- understanding of course design principles
- serves core intention of CDI
- flexible enough to adapt to learners needs
Course Design Principles
Our discussion of course design principles. These are our collective thoughts:
- Learner centered
- integrated situational factors
- formative and summative assessment
- big picture thinking/ the why?
- learning outcomes (specific enough to generate activity development) - guided by core concepts important for learning
- incorporates an evaluative feedback loop to determine what learning happened and adjust accordingly
Keep, Drop, Change
- when recommending things to keep/drop/change, prepare to provide a rationale.
- all review aspects that stood out/review and take own notes
- 2 working groups to collaborate and agree on recommendations then debrief together.