Documentation:Clickers/New Instructor Remote
How to check if the base you are using can read 24 bit IDs?
New Clickers have 24 bit IDs; however, older bases read them as 21 bit IDs. Follow the following instructions to find the ID you should use.
- 1) Open iClicker
- 2) Go to Your Settings And Preferences
- 3) Go to the Polling Session (Windows) or Questions and Polling (Mac) Tab
- 4) Go to the Response Grid Section
- 5) Click Set For This Session
- 6) Start a Session
- 7) Vote with your Instructor Remote as if it is a Student Remote
- 8) Take note of the ID that appears in the grid
- a) If it is the same as the one on the back of the remote, then the base can read 24 bit IDs
- b) If another ID appears, then the base can only read 21 bit IDs
- 9) The ID that appears in the response grid is the ID you should use to enter into the Instructor's Remote ID field for that particular base
- A) This does not affect students with new Clickers that have 24 bit IDs
- B) We are in the process of installing new bases that can read 24 bit IDs in the lecture halls. You will know a new base has been installed, if you see a base (image below) on the podium.