Documentation:CTLT programs/Course Design Intensive
Will you be teaching a course in the next year? Design or re-design your course now, by participating in the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology (CTLT) and Partners Course Design Intensive.
An intensive 3 days in a supportive atmosphere, working both individually and collaboratively, to design or re-design a course that you teach or are planning to teach. You must register for and attend the entire 3 day Intensive.
Upon completion of the Course Design Intensive you will be able to:
- Design a learner-centred course by identifying your learners situational factors and their course context
- Develop course goals (themes) and learning objectives
- Apply lesson planning methods that allow you to select learner-centred learning activities
- Identify engaging teaching strategies
- Create a learning evaluation plan for your course, including formative and summative assessment
- Share course design knowledge with your department or faculty
You are a post-secondary educator or instructor, faculty, post-doc, staff, or graduate student. You teach or lead a course, program, or other initiative in any discipline, credit or non-credit. To participate, you must have a course that you would like to design or re-design, regardless of the mode (face-to-face, blended, or online). You will be asked to bring any existing course documents and materials with you to the Intensive.
The Intensive will be offered twice per year. See the CTLT Events website for details.
For more information, please email Sue Hampton (susan.hampton[at]ubc.ca).