Documentation:CTLT Open Learning Design Group/Project Management Tool
- To find a project management tool that can replace Active Collab.
- Learning Commons Project - Partner with UBC Library. Currently 2 student staff from the library, 2 UBC Library Staff, 2 CTLT Staff (Rie and Lucas) are working on projects. Students staff tend to change every 1~2 semester.
- Digital Tattoo Project- Partner with UBC Library and University of Toronto. Currently 3~5 student staff from University of Toronto, 1 staff from University of Toronto, 1 library staff, 1 student staff and 2 CTLT Staff (Rie and Lucas )
Example Usage of how we use the project management tool
- We use the discussion feature to give student staff feedback on the production they have worked on. usually we have 2~3 staff members, and 2~3 students giving feedback to the work.
- We store graphics, passwords, reports, etc on file.
- Keeping and searching record on past activities (archive function). For example, if a new student staff is working on podcast, the new student staff can search through what the previous student did on podcast.
- Securely sharing draft of the project
- Flexibility with the contract: Need to support students and external staff/external student staff. Since we work a lot with student staff, there are a lot of in-and-out of staff. So we need flexibility around the contract. The projects are long term based. (2 of the projects were active since 2008).
- FIPPA compliant - in Canadian/ or UBC Local server.
- File storage: Ability to store and organize files.
- Discussion capability: Discussion feature where you can easily give a feedback to student's work.
- low-barrier: Requires low technical skill since most of the student staff working does not have programming skill.
- Notification feature - people working on projects will get notified via email if someone post a discussion.
- Sustainability:Needs sustainability and support - if something goes wrong, then there's someone I can talk to about. Ideally supported by UBC so that there's historical record on it.
- Ability to access easily: It needs to have easy access to tool for people located in different location.