Documentation:CTLT Open Learning Design Group/Meeting Notes/Older Notes
Bi -weekly planning meetings:
- Will Engle, CTLT
- Rie Namba, CTLT
- Cindy Underhill, CTLT
Topics for Discussion
- Will (January) leading TLPD in activity around open pedagogy/open practice.
- Who is already using open practice in TLPD - examples?
- Why might you use open practice in your work? Why might you not?
- Open UBC Website
- remove Summons search from all pages - leave on home page. (Done- Added the metafinder search on "Find Us" )
- OER metafilter (from George Brown U) much better as a search for OER
- Teach section: include bookstore video on listing OER through Bookstore
- Section on using Canvas for Open
- Supporting students doing work in the open/ acknowledgement of risk
- focus for the new year (2018)
- re-use and modification
- iteration - not perfection
- capturing your open work - professionally (this could work into a bigger piece - workshops, discussion)
- Wiki Support
- re-surgence of wiki training sessions after upgrade.
- quiz extension being added
- wiki upgrade may be postponed to new year.
- edit and curate support documentation for course based wikis
- wiki map tool - documentation and workshops.