Course:GEOG352/The Impact of Chinese Infrastructure in Kenya
A short introduction on the theme and why it is important in the context of the course. Introduce the city you plan to use as your case study. (300 words)
A detailed overview of urban issue/theme you selected (600 words)
- What is the issue/theme? Define the issue/theme.
- Why is this issue/theme important in general and for specifically for your city?
- What is the scale and scope of this particular issue/theme?
- Is it a global phenomenon or a local one?
Case Study of Theme/Issue
A detailed case study of the city experiencing/relating to the issue/theme (1000 words)
- Why is this issue/theme specifically relevant in this city? I suggest dividing into sections based on your chosen theme and city. Suggestions:
- Problems/situations/solutions experienced by the urban population as related to the issue/theme
- How is the urban population of your city directly or indirectly affected by the selected issue/theme?
- Evidence of this
•Lessons learned applicable to other urban contexts (300 words)
Note: Before writing your wiki article on the UBC Wiki, it may be helpful to review the tips in Wikipedia: Writing better articles. (Note that - if you look on the edit screen for this page when you are logged in - you will also see this as an example of how to create a reference!)
- You must use at least 5 academic sources for your blog but are welcome to use more
- Please use websites, videos, podcasts but ensure they are from a reliable sources and include a citation
- All material used should be cited at the bottom of the relevant page
- Please use Harvard referencing system http://www.citethisforme.com/harvard-referencing
- En.wikipedia.org. (2018). Writing better articles. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Writing_better_articles [Accessed 18 Jan. 2018].
- Cite This For Me. (2018). Save Time and Improve your Marks with CiteThisForMe, The No. 1 Citation Tool. [online] Available at: http://www.citethisforme.com/harvard-referencing [Accessed 18 Jan. 2018].
|This urbanization resource was created by Course:GEOG352.|