Our theme for the wiki will take focus towards land and housing development. We have decided to locate our research in the city of Hangzhou, China. Hangzhou has quickly risen in the past five years becoming one of the first class cities in China. The 2016 G20 Hangzhou Summit was said to be one of the major causes of such rapid growth in city development by the government. A vast amount of what was then rural farm lands were bought and developed into residential areas and public places. Our research will be looking at how the development of land and housing in result of such a global event has impacted the people living in Hangzhou.
A detailed overview of urban issue/theme you selected (600 words)
- What is the issue/theme? Define the issue/theme.
- Why is this issue/theme important in general and for specifically for your city?
- What is the scale and scope of this particular issue/theme?
- Is it a global phenomenon or a local one?
Case Study of Theme/Issue
A detailed case study of the city experiencing/relating to the issue/theme (1000 words)
- Why is this issue/theme specifically relevant in this city? I suggest dividing into sections based on your chosen theme and city. Suggestions:
- Problems/situations/solutions experienced by the urban population as related to the issue/theme
- How is the urban population of your city directly or indirectly affected by the selected issue/theme?
- Evidence of this
•Lessons learned applicable to other urban contexts (300 words)
Note: Before writing your wiki article on the UBC Wiki, it may be helpful to review the tips in Wikipedia: Writing better articles. (Note that - if you look on the edit screen for this page when you are logged in - you will also see this as an example of how to create a reference!)
- You must use at least 5 academic sources for your blog but are welcome to use more
- Please use websites, videos, podcasts but ensure they are from a reliable sources and include a citation
- All material used should be cited at the bottom of the relevant page
- Please use Harvard referencing system http://www.citethisforme.com/harvard-referencing
- En.wikipedia.org. (2018). Writing better articles. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Writing_better_articles [Accessed 18 Jan. 2018].
- Cite This For Me. (2018). Save Time and Improve your Marks with CiteThisForMe, The No. 1 Citation Tool. [online] Available at: http://www.citethisforme.com/harvard-referencing [Accessed 18 Jan. 2018].
|This urbanization resource was created by Course:GEOG352.