Course:Classroom Climate/3. More Than Content: Working Critically with Fear, Guilt, Privilege, and Other "Hidden" Issues
|This article is still being drafted. This means that the article is still being worked on and information may be incomplete. This template will be removed when the article is finished. If you have any concerns, please start a discussion on the talk page.|
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal|
- By the end of the session, participants will be able to...
- December 4, 2013 by Natalie J. K. Baloy (See the session report here)
- December 6, 2012 by Dr. Coll Thrush and Natalie J. K. Baloy
- May 31, 2012 by Dr. Coll Thrush and Natalie J. K. Baloy (As part of the 2012 CTLT Institute)
- December 2, 2011 by Dr. Coll Thrush and Natalie J. K. Baloy
Resources Recommended by Facilitator
- King, T. (2005). The truth about stories: A native narrative. Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Press.
- Trouillot, M. (1995). Silencing the past: Power and the production of history. Boston, MA: Beacon Press.
- How To Talk To Someone About Privilege Who Doesn’t Know What That Is
- Response about not feeling obligated to educate privileged people about their privilege
- The Problem with Privilege
More Related Resources
- Ewert-Bauer, T. (2011, January). Emotion, conflict, and culture in the classroom: Part one of two. Bridges, 9(1), 12-14. Permalink
- Ewert-Bauer, T. (2011, April). Emotion, conflict, and culture in the classroom: Part two of two. Bridges, 9(3), 13-15. Permalink
- Lowe, P. (2015). Lessening sensitivity: Student experiences of teaching and learning sensitive issues. Teaching in Higher Education, 20(1), 119–129.
- Madden, B., & McGregor, H. E. (2013). Ex(er)cising student voice in pedagogy for decolonizing: Exploring complexities through duoethnography. Review of Education, Pedagogy & Cultural Studies, 35(5), 371-391.
- Zembylas, M. (2007). Mobilizing anger for social justice: The politicization of the emotions in education. Teaching Education, 18(1), 15-28.
- Zembylas, M. (2014). Rethinking race and racism as technologies of affect: Theorizing the implications for anti-racist politics and practice in education. Race Ethnicity and Education, 1–18.