< User:JJUJump to navigation Jump to search
- LIBR559M Social Media for Information Professionals
- LIBR535 Instructional Role of the Information Professional
- LIBR511 Cataloguing and Classification
- LIBR579B Topics in the Management of Libraries and Archives: Community-Led Libraries
- LIBR561 Information Policy
- LIBR505 Research Methods in Information Organizations
- LIBR500 Foundations of Information Technology
- LIBR501 Foundations of the Information Society and Information Organizations
- LIBR502 Foundations of Resource Description and Access
- LIBR503 Foundations of Information Sources and Services
Since I'm in library school I do some assignments, and from time to time I like how they turn out. Here's a smattering of things I've done.
LIBR559M Social Media for Information Professionals
- Making A Mashup Friendly Library: A guide how libraries can make their content more remix-friendly, touching on open data, licensing and examples of what libraries have done already. (This was a group project.)
LIBR535 The Instructional Role of the Information Professional
- Self-Publishing Comics: The slides for a 10-minute workshop on the pros and cons of choosing to self-publish your comics in print or on the web. It was designed to be a segment of a larger comics-creation workshop for a public library's teen program.
- Using Flickr to find Creative Commons photographs: A 90-second YouTube video explaining how to find photos you can freely use (with attribution) on Flickr.
LIBR579B Topics in the Management of Libraries and Archives: Community-Led Libraries
- Growing Relationships in Winnipeg's Spence Neighbourhood Gardens (PDF): This is a hypothetical work plan for taking a Community-Led library outreach approach. It is written as if it has been approved and as if I work for the Winnipeg Public Library, neither of which are true. I still think it's a good plan.
LIBR502 Foundations of Resource Description and Access
- Subject Headings Assignment (PDF): A list of structured subject headings for a subselection of my private comics library.