UBC A Place of Mind Social Media Aggregator Website
We hope the variety of views presented here will provide exciting insight into the many things that are being done at UBC. Through our various RSS feeds you can subscribe to the content that most interests you from the diverse set of talent at UBC.
We're always looking for relevant content, so if you are a member of the UBC community and think your content would be a good fit for the site, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation is completely voluntary, and if at some point in the future you choose not to participate anymore, just send an email to the same address, and UBC Public Affairs will remove your feed. You always maintain ownership and editorial control of your work, and assume full responsibility and liability for it. UBC will not alter your work and assumes no liability for its content. However, if it comes to UBC's attention that the content may infringe on the intellectual property of a third party or is defamatory, UBC reserves the right to remove articles in their entirety. UBC also reserves the right to decline to include or to discontinue inclusion of content on this web site if, in the view of UBC Public Affairs, the content would not achieve UBC's goal of enhancing the discussion about the topics noted above.
This site is a platform for the sharing of ideas and the fostering of discussion - please be respectful of your fellow readers and contributors.
We've recently added a Slideshare tab to the site. If you aren’t familiar with SlideShare, you can learn more about it on their site. Now that it's on the site, we need to find some great presentations by the UBC community to add to our channel: www.slideshare.net/ubc.
If you or your colleagues have any presentations that you feel would be a good fit within the above themes, please let us know. Some key points to keep in mind:
- Participating is easy – just email us the deck at email@example.com, with the presentation’s title and author. If you are sending it on someone else’s behalf, please attach an email or other evidence from the author that you have their permission to share it with us. SlideShare accepts the following file types, up to a max of 100 MB file size:
- Presentations: pdf, ppt, pps, pptx, ppsx, pot, potx (Powerpoint); odp (OpenOffice); key, zip (Apple Keynote)*
- Documents: pdf, doc, docx, rtf, xls (MSOffice); odt, ods(OpenOffice); Apple iWork Pages
- Participating is entirely optional, and if at any point in the future you wanted us to remove a particular presentation, just email us your request at the same email address.
- Contributors always maintain ownership and editorial control of their work, and assume full responsibility and liability for it. We will not edit any of the presentations we receive.
- If it comes to our attention that a particular presentation may infringe on the intellectual property of others or is defamatory, then we will remove it.
If you have questions or comments about the aggregator, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org