Open UBC Blog Post Sign-up
The new Open UBC website will have blogging functionality to allow for more regular updates on all things open at UBC. We hope to begin blog posts for September. Please sign-up for one or more months to be our guest blogger on any area related to open that interests you. The posts will be due the first day of the month assigned.
If you know of anyone else who may be interested in blogging, please let us know.
|September 2019(Aug 26)
|Alex and Amanda
|Lucas, Alex and Amanda
How to Add a Blog Post to the Site
- If you do not have access to the Open UBC site, email Rie (firstname.lastname@example.org) to gain access to the Open UBC site.
- Go to https://open.ubc.ca/wp-admin/ and login to the site with your CWL.
- When you are logged in, Go to Dashboard>Posts>Add New to add a new blog post.
- Add a title to the blog post, and add content of your blog.
- Under Category, tick Updates to categorize your blog post as Updates. By categorizing the blog post as Updates, your blog post will show up on the Updates page
- Under Publish, press publish to make your blog post publicly visible.
- You're done! Your blog post is now published on the Open UBC site.
How to feature your blog post to the slider
If you want to highlight your blog post that you have written, you might want to feature your blog post to the big slider on the Open UBC . In order to do that :
- Edit the post you would like to add to the slider
- Under Category, tick Slider to categorize your blog post as a slider. By categorizing the blog post as a Slider, the slider will show up on your home page.
- You will then an image for the slider. Find a big image (ideally 1200 X 500 pixel but it can slightly be bigger or smaller). Once you find an image for the slider, under Featured Image, click on set Featured Image. Then upload the image you want to add to the slider.
- You will also need an excerpt for your blog post. The excerpt will be displayed on the home page slider's "text". Under excerpt (if you don't see excerpt, go to the screen option on top of the page, and tick "excerpt") , type a short summary on what the blog post is about (ideally 1 sentence. ).
- Press Update and then now your blog post is featured on the slider.
- Your'e done! Your blog post is now featured on the slider.