KALBOARD360 is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS). It has been designed by Nidal Khalifeh - Khalifeh Group for Advanced Industries. KALBOARD360 is built around the distributed learning approach, where face-to-face engagement between teachers and pupils is essential. KALBOARD360 provides students with a mobile learning solution (m-learning). The core feature of KALBOARD360 is having a Classroom Managment System built-in within the system. This core feature allows students to sustain the learning environment inside and outside of the classroom by using the same tools. The system also involves teachers, parents and school management in the learning experience. This makes it a truly holistic process, which connects and appropriately engages all parties.
- 2010 KALBOARD360 started as a classroom management software supporting only iPads
- 2012 KALBOARD360 added administrative tools allowing schools to setup timetables and access levels
- 2014 KALBOARD360 moved to become a cloud system and is able to run on different tablets other than iPads. The Learning Management Tools expanded to cover more aspects of the learning process and included; parents, students, teachers, coordinators, stage principals, school principals, IT administrators, and Registrars.
Development of Educational Software
KALBOARD360 main features:
- Cloud: Built on Microsoft Azure Cloud
- xAPI (Experienced API or Tin Can Standard): This is a global education standard that allows all devices used in the process to report learning experience through banks of LRSs available on each device.
- BYOD: Supports the "Bring Your Own Device" principle so it runs on iOS, Android, and Windows
- Native Apps: All apps used for tablets and phones are native code
- Hybrid Connectivity: The devices inside the classroom can run with or without internet. This is very important because most cloud solutions require constant internet access and if internet is not present the system will not work
- Printing Option: Schools may decide not to have some classrooms with tablets. The system supports printing all activities and re-entering them back to the system.
- 8 User Groups: Parents, Students, Teachers, Topic Coordinators, Stage Principals, School Principal, Administrator, and Registrar
- Native Phone App: The phone app is used to receive messages, announcements, and notifications. It also can view calendar and allow teachers to take attendance and allow stage principal to get attendance report
- Native Tablet App: For both teachers and students to reflect the LMS activities inside the classroom and make the classroom more engaging and interactive. Teacher take attendance, create groups, exams, worksheets, discussion forums, safe web-browsing and much more.
- Timetable builder: Build the school time table according to stage and have an option of manual creation or auto build with one click
KALBOARD360 philosophy is to build a rich informative culture using technology. KALBOARD360 provides tools to allow instructors to deploy different Constructivism Learning methodologies. KALBOARD360 utilizes those pedagogy to improve the learning process not only for students yet for parents and teachers alike.
- Cloud Computing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing
- Learning Management System http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_management_system
- Distributed Learning Approach http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08923649609526919?journalCode=hajd20#.UxcWJtzYsds
- M-learning http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-learning
- KALBOARD360 Classroom Management System http://www.kalboard360.com/ClassroomManagment.aspx
- KALBOARD360 Learning Management Core Feature http://www.kalboard360.com/CoreFeature.aspx
- KALBOARD360 Contact Details http://www.kalboard360.com/ContactUs.aspx
- xAPI definition http://www.adlnet.gov/tla/experience-api/
- LRS definition http://www.adlnet.gov/tla/lrs/
- BYOD definition http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BYOD
- Constructivism Learning https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructivism_(pedagogical)