Library:How to Use Library Course Reserves/Students/Getting Started
Course reserves are learning materials made available by your course instructor. They may include electronic articles, books and DVDs and even websites.
- Many course reserves are electronic but some materials are only available at the Library.
- Non-electronic items are made available for a shortened loan period to ensure access for all students.
Access Course Reserves
To access Course Reserves, follow the steps outlined below for the Standalone LOCR site or Canvas.
1. Log into LOCR with your CWL login.
2. The courses you are currently enrolled in with course reserves will display under My Courses. Select the course to access the course reserves.
You can access your course reserve readings in LOCR from your Canvas course.
1. Access your course in Canvas
2. Click on Library Online Course Reserves on the Navigation List. You will be taken to your course within LOCR
3. Click on the appropriate link for your course reserve item.
Your list of course readings is in the order submitted by your course instructor. The item list include Title, Format, Author, Call Number (if on physical reserve at your library branch), Pages, Availability Date and Tags. If you've already clicked to access a resource, you will see a Yes under the Read column.
The Search box will allow you to quickly filter down by Title, Author or Instructor Tag.
Clicking on any title will take you to a record with further information about an item. You can connect to electronic items from this page or link to the item record to see if it is available at your library branch.
The Item record window will include a View Item button that will launch to the library record or download a PDF. If your instructor has left special notes on your item, they will appear on this screen.
If you encounter any errors accessing a library resource, it is possible that an electronic resource is unavailable. Please contact your Library Course Reserve branch immediately for assistance.
I can't see my course listed in LOCR
You must be enrolled in a course to see it in LOCR. Please make sure that you are properly enrolled in your course or contact your instructor to have them add you. If you have recently been added to your course, please allow one night for course reserves to update with your enrollment information.