Library:HSS GIS Teaching
To learn more about how to use Esri's ArcGIS software suite, online self-guided tutorials are available through the Esri Virtual Campus. Courses are free for UBC students, faculty and staff.
To get access, please contact Paul Lesack (firstname.lastname@example.org), and provide him with the course name. Only web courses authored by Esri (top left in the catalog description) are available to us for free.
Esri Conference Technical Session Videos
Each year at the ESRI International Conference, the in-depth technical sessions are recorded and made available afterwards. You can download them directly from the Geomatics website using your UBC computer (or by using VPN from off-campus).
For a listing of GIS and GIS-related courses offered at UBC as well as other colleges and universities, please visit UBC's Geomatics website course page.
Data/GIS Library Handouts
Below are a list of helpful library handouts:
1. Getting Started with Searching Abacus for Geospatial Data
2. Getting Started with the BC Economic Atlas
3. Getting Started with GeoSearch
4. Getting Started Mapping Census Data Using CHASS (Mapping Census Metropolitan Area (CMA) at the Census Tract (CT) level of subdivision)
5. Getting Started Mapping Census Data Using CHASS (Mapping Census Subdivisions (CSD) at the Dissemination Area (DA) level of subdivision).
Note: Normally CSDs = cities