Library:Finding Data/Statistical Sources
Data & Statistics
There are numerous sources for data and statistical information at UBC Library and on the free web. The following list is just a sample of a few sources. If you need more information or help with finding sources, please contact the library.
- Free access to current reports and statistics from British Columbia's central statistical agency.
- Profiles - Find information about places in Canada
- Special Interest Profiles
- Topic-based Tabulations - Find information by topic
- Vancouver local areas - Census profile for Vancouver city neighbourhoods
General Social Surveys - Canada and the United States
- Statistical data about the Canadian population, resources, economy, society and culture.
- Source for statistical indicators of American history, from Colonial times to the present.
- Social science data on social phenomena occurring in over 130 countries. Includes the Eurobarometer survey series.
- Online access to all books, journals, statistical series and databases originating from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development since 1998.
- Public opinion polling datasets and documentation. The most complete collection of public opinion information in existence, from the United States and international sources.
- Covers all countries and areas, drawing selectively on statistics from throughout the UN system to bring them together in a common platform and interface using global statistical standards.
- These data sets are designed to enable a crossnational comparison of values and norms on a wide variety of topics and to monitor changes in values and attitudes across the globe.