Library:Find Books on the Shelf
Jump to navigation Jump to search
1. Go to the Library branch which has your book
UBC Library has multiple branches. Every book record will display which Library branch(es) has the book you are looking for. In our example, the location is Koerner Library.
2. Find the area within the library which has your book
In our example above, the catalogue shows that the location is Koerner Library stacks, with a call number starting with PN. This means that you need to first go to the Koerner Library branch and then make sure you look in the "stacks" part of that branch, on the floor which has the PNs.
Note: most UBC Library branches have:
- Stacks (books you can take out)
- A reference area (with books you can't take out)
- A course reserve area (with books and other materials that you can take out for 1 hour - 3 days)
Each library also has signs and floor plans that show the location of stacks/reference/course reserve areas, and explain which floors contain which call number ranges. You can always ask a staff member if you need help.