Ordering Materials from PARC
1. Materials held in PARC can be found in the Library’s online catalogue.
- PARC (branch use only) – Can be shipped to any Library branch except Robson Square and BCCW Study and Learning Commons. These materials can only be used in the Library branch and must be returned by the end of the business day.
- PARC (circulating) – Can be shipped to any Library branch. These materials can be signed out and renewed.
- XWI7XWA PARC (branch use only) - Can be shipped to any Library branch except Robson Square and BCCW Study and Learning Commons. These materials can only be used in the Library branch and must be returned by the end of the business day.
- XWI7XWA PARC (circulating) - Can be shipped to any Library branch. These materials can be signed out and renewed.
2. To obtain material from PARC, UBC Library cardholders will use the Document Delivery system.
3. Materials requested before 11:00 am and shipped to UBC Vancouver locations and will normally be available for pickup within two business days.
4. Materials shipped to UBC Okanagan will normally be available for pickup within three business days.
5. You will receive an email with the material is available for pickup.
6. Community members who do not have a UBC Library card
- Can request PARC materials by going to the following branches: Koerner, IKBLC, Woodward or Okanagan.
- Materials can only be picked up and used at one of these branches. They cannot be removed from the branch.
- Materials will be available for use within 2-3 working days after the request is placed, if placed before 11 am.
- Can order materials from PARC via interlibrary loan from their local public library.
Using Document Delivery
- a. Search the Library ‘s catalog.
- b. Display the full record.
- c . Click on Order via Document Delivery.
- d. Choose either Loan or Copy (i.e photocopy of chapter) for a book or Copy for a journal. If you need the entire volume of a journal, please add a note in the Document Delivery order form note field.
- e. Authenticate yourself using your barcode and pin
- f. Complete the order form.
- g. Click on Send Request
- h. You will receive an email indicating that your request has been received
- i. When the item arrives at the pickup location, you will receive an email messaging saying that the item is available for pickup.
PARC Document Delivery questions?
- If the item can not be located at PARC, PARC staff will inform Document Delivery that the item is MISSING, and Document Delivery will, in turn, let you know that the item is not available.
- If you are having difficulties with receiving an item from PARC, please, contact Document Delivery, and they will help find an answer for you.
- Please do not contact PARC if an item is late to appear, because your requests are being tracked by the Document Delivery system.