Learning Commons:Chapman Learning Commons/The Dodsons
Suzanne Cates Dodson and Earl D. Dodson
The Dodson Room is a popular workshop space located in the Chapman Learning Commons, named in honour of Suzanne Cates Dodson (1933 – 2014) and her husband Earl D. Dodson (1928 – 2009), great friends and benefactors of UBC Library. This beautiful space was restored in 1999 to recapture its original appearance, which dates to the opening of Main Library in 1925. Suzanne Dodson's career with the Library spanned 36 years, ending in 1999 with her retirement as Facilities and Preservation Manager. The Dodsons contributed numerous gifts to the Library for the restoration and upgrading of facilities, and Earl Dodson was a former member of the President's Advisory Council on the University Library. For more information on the Dodsons and their legacy of giving to UBC Library, please visit The Dodsons: Champions of UBC Library.