Documentation:UBC Content Management System/How to/How to add my site or blog to HootSuite
HootSute is a hugely popular web tool that does a great job of managing engagement on social media sites. Within its dashboard you can publish to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and few others and as of December 2012 to any WordPress-based site, meaning of course, that you can also publish to UBC CMS and blogs.
To do that you will need to:
- Know your Wordpress username
- Set your [service password] (this is NOT your CWL password).
Once you have this figured out, login to your Hootsuite account and:
- Install the WordPress.org app (found under App directory (puzzle icon). Do not mix it with WordPress.com account. You should also add it to the new or existing tabs in your HootSuite dashboard.
When prompt, fill out the form:
- URL: http://blogs.ubc.ca/yourblogname/
- Username: your_UBCblogs_username
- Password: your_service_password