Documentation:Research Commons/Our Services
The Research Commons provides a range of services both individually (in person, over Skype, Google Hangouts, or by e-mail) and through our workshop series. To register for one of our workshops, please see our events page.
Our services include:
- Understanding the basic Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies formatting requirements
- Implementing the formatting requirements using Microsoft Word (PC or Mac)
- Using the Microsoft Word thesis template available on our website (PC or Mac)
- Troubleshooting formatting problems in Microsoft Word
- Uploading your completed thesis to cIRcle, UBC's institutional repository. (Note: You will need to make sure that all your final thesis submission documents have been submitted to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies before you can submit your thesis to cIRcle.)
- Using citation management tools to organize and cite your references
- Providing in-depth support for Mendeley, Zotero, and RefWorks
- Providing workshops on SPSS software
- Providing consulting services on the use of SPSS software to do statistical analysis
- Providing workshops on NVivo, a computer-assisted qualitative data analysis software package
- Providing consulting services on the use of NVivo to do qualitative data analysis
To book a one-on-one consultation appointment, please fill out the following request form: Research Commons Consultation Form.
Did you attend one of our workshops or have a one-on-one consultation with a member of our team? We'd love to get your feedback - just fill out our short Research Commons Student Feedback Form.