Documentation:Podcasting Basics/Get Started
We will be focusing on audio podcasts because they are easier to make than video podcasts. You only need two things to start recording: a microphone and audio recording software. Once you have both, you can start recording!
If you'd like to include visuals with your presentation, you can go to Screen Capture Basics
There are a number of free applications you can use to record audio. The following software either comes pre-installed on your operating system, while others are free downloads:
Most computers have built-in microphones that you can use to record audio. In order to check, please do the following:
- Go to Control Panel and click Sound
- Once a new window opens, go to the Recording Tab.
- By default, you will see the name of the device and sound level meter. If you make any sound near the computer and the bars go up, it means that it is working.
- If it says No audio devices are installed then you will have to get an external microphone.
- In some cases, the device might be disabled. Right-click within the window and choose Show Disabled Devices.
- A list of devices will appear and enable the one you want to use.
- Open System Preferences and click Sound
- Click on the Input tab.
- You will see a list of devices that you can use and choose the one you want.
- If it is empty then you will need to get an external microphone.
When you're done recording, you can publish your podcasts on: