Documentation:Open UBC Working Group/MeetingPlans
How To Join
The primary form of communication employed by the working group will be the OPENUBC-WG listserv As a subscriber, you will be able to receive and send emails to the group. The listserv will be used primarily as a mechanism to share out agenda items for meetings. To join the Open UBC Working Group, subscribe to the listserv and introduce yourself.
To join the listserv:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the words subscribe OPENUBC-WG in the body.
- You will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. Click on the confirmation link within the email
- You will receive another email to confirm that you are now subscribed to the list
- You can now send messages to OPENUBC-WG@lists.ubc.ca
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words unsubscribe OPENUBC-WG in the body.
Note: Do not include a signature in the email body. The signature will stop your subscription from going through. The only thing in the body of the email should be the SUBSCRIBE commands.
Each meeting will have two standing items, a Roundtable and OER Rapid Innovation Grant Application Review.
- Roundtable - This part of the meeting will encourage participants to share their work and engagement in open scholarship with the group.
- OER Rapid Innovation Grant Application Review - The OER Rapid Innovation Grants provide funding for a wide range of activities and events that seek to engage the UBC community in increasing awareness and capacity for supporting and sustaining the adoption, adaption, and creation of OER at UBC V. The Open UBC Working Group will review all applications on an ongoing basis and make funding recommendations to the CTLT Academic Director.
The remainder of the meeting agendas will be planned based on the thematic coverage for the month.
Thematic Schedule 2020/2021
- April - Open Education
- May - Open Education
- June - TBD
- July - August - Break
- September - Open Education
- October - Open Access
- November - TBD
- December - Break
- Monday, June 28 - 3:30pm to 5:30pm
- Monday, May 31 - 3:30pm to 5:30pm
- Monday, April 26 - 3:30pm to 5:30pm - Meeting Agenda & Notes
- Monday, March 29 - 3:30pm to 4:30pm - Meeting Agenda & Notes
- Monday, February 22 - 3:30pm to 4:30pm - Meeting Agenda & Notes
- Monday, January 25 - 3:30pm to 4:30pm - Meeting Agenda & Notes