Documentation:Faculty of Arts/Online Teaching Resources/Announcements
Using the Announcements Tool
Announcements are a great way of getting information to your students. Post announcements to remind your students of exam dates and course news.
There are a couple of things to remember when you use the announcements tool:
- No after-editing: Once you have posted an announcement, you cannot open it up and edit it. Instead, you must delete the announcement and create a new one.
- No archiving: Once an announcement expires, it disappears forever—even for you, the instructor. To prevent this, Recommended Practice suggests setting announcements to expire the last day of the semester.
- One-time pop-up: When you post an announcement, it will only popup for your students once.
- HTML: When using html, the first paragraph of text is sometimes much smaller than the rest. To avoid this use a
tag to begin the announcement.
- Order: The default setting is to display the newest on the bottom – but they can be reordered.
View Flash Video (Courtesy of Utah State University)
The PDF and Flash Video will demonstrate how to do the following:
- Adding the tool
- Creating an announcement
Additional Flash Videos (Courtesy of Arts ISIT)