Documentation:Digital Tattoo Student Orientation/Accessibility
In Digital Tattoo site, we try to aim to make the site accessible. We will use Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 as a guideline.
Please make sure to tag all images appropriately and follow the checklist when posting content.
Basic info on WCAG guideline
- https://www.wuhcag.com/web-content-accessibility-guidelines/ A good summary on WCAG guideline
We can aim for AA ranking for the WCAG2.0 guideline - since AAA ranking can be very challenging to meet.
- Official WCAG2.0 Checklist. https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/
- https://www.wuhcag.com/wcag-checklist/ WCAG checklist. The blog author organizes the WCAG guidelines in clearer way
- http://khan.github.io/tota11y/ -Tota11y.
- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/axe/lhdoppojpmngadmnindnejefpokejbdd - Axe(Chrome Extension). It is less interactive compared to Tota11y but it is accurate.
- https://open-indy.github.io/Koa11y/ - Koa11y. It will scan the site, and go through which part of site is not accessible in WCAG 2.0 standards. AAA ranking is way too challenging to meet, so AA ranking is recommended.
- http://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/ If you find one of the tool doesn't detect the color contrast properly, you may want to use this tool to manually test if the color contrast is sufficient.